Well, we are in our third week of bathroom construction and we (and by we, I mean my husband) are starting to put humpty-dumpty back together again.
If any of you know my husband, you will not be surprised to hear that this project has turned into a total gut. The good news (and one of my very favorite things about him!) is that he has the skills and experience necessary for this to still be a DIY project. ***if you don’t please, leave the plumbing and electrical to the professionals!
He decided to take down and replace all the drywall. There was an orange peel texture on the walls that we did not like. Also, the shower wall stuck out a little bit and he wanted to make it flush, so had to put in some new framing.
Whoever put in the previous shower pan did not do it right, so he poured more concrete so it was level before installing the shower pan. Also, being 6’5”, he wanted to raise the height of the showerhead by a couple inches.
The old vanity was way too big, and the sink was off center on the left side. So “we” need to move the water lines over a bit. Will do that as soon as we assemble the vanity and see exactly where they need to be.
Being an electrician, he of course wanted to upgrade the lighting in the space. The shower was dark, so we have added a light in there, as well as another can light in the ceiling and some fun ambient lighting.
Can’t wait to share our progress with you next week!
#ChallengeAccepted #JCRenoChallenge #JCInspiredMe